Here are the Lists of the Approved NUC Courses Offered in Federal University Lafia. This information for all those searching for the list of courses offered in Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa state, Nigeria.
Federal University Lafia (FULafia) was established in 2011 along with nine other universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The universities were created to increase access to, and improve quality of education, particularly in states that, hitherto, had no federal university.
FULafia is located in Lafia, the capital of Nasarawa State, in North-Central Nigeria. The state is rich in solid minerals and agricultural resources. The institution had two vice-chancellors since inception, Professor Ekanem Ikpi Braide (2011-2016) and incumbent Professor Muhammad Sanusi Liman.
The vision of the Federal University Lafia is to be a renowned institution of learning, research and innovation, for the positive socio-economic transformation of the nation.
Academic activities started in the university in September 2012 with 247 students registered in 11 programmes. The programmes were located in the institution’s then three faculties of arts, science and social sciences.
Admissions into Federal University Lafia is open to all, irrespective of race, tribe, religion, sex or political leanings. Prospective students must satisfy all Faculty and Departmental requirements in addition to the following general requirements:
Admissions through the UTME
For admission to 100 level, candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), GCE, NECO or equivalent in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings; and obtain a score of 180 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
- University shall insist on possession of credit passes in English Language and Mathematics for all categories of students.
- The University shall also conduct post JAMB screening to ensure that only the best students are admitted. In addition to the general admission requirements stated above, a candidate must meet specific departmental requirements
Admission through Direct Entry mode
- For admission to 200 level, candidates must possess five (5) passes at credit level (including English Language) at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), GCE, NECO or equivalent in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
- In addition to the above, candidates should have at least two advanced level passes in the General Certificate of Education examination in relevant subjects, or
- Ordinary National Diploma with credit level or Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) with Credit level.
Here are the Comprehensive Lists of Courses Offered in Federal University Lafia by the National University Commissions.
- Computer Science
- English Language
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Visual and Creative Arts
- Political Science
- Visual and Creative Arts
Other Related Posts
the list of Accredited Courses Offered in Federal University Lafia is made possible with the help of theinfopro.com.ng Admin.