The Federal University Otuoke (FUO), is one of nine new Federal Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February 2011. Located in the heart of the oil-rich Niger-Delta Region of Bayelsa State, the University which is 21 kilometres South of the State capital of Yenagoa, occupies an expanse of 200 hectares (494 acres) in the Ijaw town of Otuoke.
Currently we have two Faculties: Faculty of Humanities/ Social Sciences which has 2 Departments and six programmes, and Faculty of Science which has 3 Departments and six programmes.
- For a candidate to be offered admission into 100 level of the chosen course in the Institutions, he/she must obtain an acceptable level of performance at the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in subjects relevant to the proposed course/programme of study. All candidates are to note that “Use of English” is mandatory for all courses.
- Candidate must Satify all the institution and departmental requirements
- Candidate must have Five (5) credit passes at WAEC/NECO/GCE or equivalent at not more than two sitting.
Note: All applicant seeking provisional Admission at FUOTUOKE must be 16 years of age
Here are the Approved List of Courses Offered in Federal University Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
- Chemical Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Computer Science and Informatics
- Economics and Development Studies
- English Language and Communication Studies
- History and Strategic Studies
- Physics with Electronics
- Political Science
- Sociology and Anthropology
The list of Accredited Courses Offered in Federal University Otuoke is made possible with the help of theinfopro.com.ng Admin